OLD-SOUTH-BURIALS-L Archives

Archiver > OLD-SOUTH-BURIALS > 2007-09 > 1189032609

From: "GNW" <>
Subject: Re: [OLD-SOUTH-BURIALS] Pulling Over For Southern FuneralProcessions
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 18:50:09 -0400

I live in a small Georgia Town, 35,000. I also live on a corner and 6
blocks from the First Baptist and First Methodist Churches. Funeral
Processions from the Churches to the Cemetery 2 streets over, come by
several times a month. The police are at each intersection, with their hat
over their hearts. No way anyone you cannot see that you need to stop.
This includes the four lane in front of the cemetery.
I believe on an Interstate it is illegal to stop. Some pull over others do
not.

Being over 60, and raised in the South, I for one think it is the least
anyone can do. We are all in too much of a hurry as it is.

This thread: