OKOKLAHO-L Archives

Archiver > OKOKLAHO > 2010-03 > 1269153582

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [OKOKLAHO] Lola Luse
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 06:39:42 -0000

Author: Obits101
Surnames: Luse
Classification: biography

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.oklahoma.counties.oklahoma/777.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

...I did not find an actual obit but I did
locate an article about her accident. I will
search again, as it stated something about her
death in November 1939.

The Daily Oklahoman
10-23-1939
p.1

Blood Transfusion Is Given Car Victim

Another Day Will Tell Her Chance, Doctor Says

Interest is focused on a traffic victim in Wesley hospital as
Oklahoma City began its 111th deathless traffic day at midnight
Sunday.

Mrs Lola Luse, 74-year-old pedestrian, 504 North Dewey avenue,
struck by a car Saturday night in the 500 block Northwest Third
street, showed improvement Sunday and has a "50-50" chance to
live, an attending physician said. "We should know pretty well
by Monday morning what her chances are," he said.

Examination revealed she suffered a brain concussion, three
fractures of the right leg, severe shock and possibly a skull
fracture. Late Sunday she had not regained consciousness.

Mrs Luse was given a blood transfusion late Sunday and
attendants were preparing to give her another Monday morning
in an attempt to save her life.

Indicative of intense interest in the safety record, switchboard
operators at Wesley hospital said they received about 100 calls
Sunday about Mrs Luse's condition. Approximately 50 calls were
received at the police station.

"All of us should renew our vigilance and guard against accidents,"
Sergt Allan West, of the police accident squad, warned Sunday.

His words of caution came after the record of "Mad Saturday" in
which 23 accidents were reported to police and six persons were
injured enough for hospital treatment.

***posted for genealogical purposes only; no relation***

Important Note: