OKMCINTO-L Archives

Archiver > OKMCINTO > 1999-04 > 0923022992

From: <>
Subject: [OKMCINTO-L] BLADWIN/HINES/CROSS/REED/BARKER
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 22:16:32 EST

I am searching for information on the following individuals Listed below this
message:.

I know that my grandmother Lydia Rebecca BALDWIN was born in Benton Co.
Missouri 1898, And that her Parents William E. BALDWIN and Rosella HINES
brought her to the Wann, Nowata/Washington County( Indian Territory) area of
OKLAhoma after 1900. Her grandparents Elijah George BALDWIIN and Lydia
Josephine REED are buried in Wann, Nowata Co. Oklahoma cemetery, having died
in 1917.

Lydia left a letter indicating that her mother, Rosella HINES BALDWIN died in
1904 and that they owned a very large 1000 plus acre ranch in the area...I
cannot find anything to indicate either event...just the grand parents and a
school enumeration for Oakdale Dist. 6, which was just north eat of Wann, Ok
in Nowata County. She was enumerate with Ezra j. BALDWIN and Susanna
P(Pearl?) BALDWIn who were younger than Lydia Rebecca BALDWIN.

according to my grandmother Lydia Rebecca BAlDWIN ( aka Betty Lee , Lida,
Cora(?)) her sister Susanna Pearl BALDWIN married a man named POOL/POOLE?
and lived in Winneywood, OK in the 1940's and I know that Lydia also lived
there about the same time But she was a Widow and her surname was
CHAPMAN/CHAPMON.

I sure would like to hear from anyone who has information about any person on
the lines listed below. I am desperate to find out more about this
generation as there is a grap between my mother and her mother....

I have ,just in Benton county ,the following surnames: Baldwin, Hines, Reed,
Kirby, Cross, Hopper, Jeans, Smith, Barker, Smallwood, Hunt,Bird,(maybe
Duren, and Miller (both married to BALDWINs), too but cannot connect right!),
Spicer,( these are all that I have managed to link up out of that area!!!)
:)))

other surnames are PETERS, FULTS, CHAPMAN, BUSH, BULLOCK, WOOD(s), POOl, and
a bunch of others...

I think that most of these people might have been born in BEnton County where
indicated for Missouri births( esp. the children), since that is where they
all lived between 1860-1900(that I know of.)

BALDWIN
1) E.G.J. (aka E.J.)BALDWIN (my g,g, great grandfather)
b. ca. 1816 New York
d.?
m. Elizabeth( No maiden name) (my g, g, great gtrandmother)
b. ca. 1828 Ohio
Children:
2) Elijah George BALDWIN (my great great grandfather)
b. 25 Apr 1848 OHIO
d. 5 Nov 1917 Wann, Nowata Co. OK
m. 13 aug 1868 Benton Co. MO
Lydia Josephine REED ( my great great grandmother)
b. 24 july 1850
d. 27 Mar 1917 Wann, Nowata Co. OK(typhoid fever)
children:
3) Mary A BALDWIN
b.ca 1870 MO
d?
M. 28 Dec 1871
Marcellus JEANS
3) William E. BALDWIN (my greatgrandfather)
b. ca, 1871 Mo
d. ?
m. 18 Jan 1894
Rosella HINES( my great grandmother)
b. ca 1879 MO
d. 1904???OK KS.??
children:
4) Seary BALDWIN
b. May 1894 MO
4) John BALDWIN
b. Dec 1886 Mo
4) Lydia Rebecca Baldwin (my maternal grandmother)
b.24 June 1898 Mo
d. 1971 Oklahoma City OK
m. 1922 OK?
William franklin CHAPMAN(my maternal grandfather)
other information available
4) Carrie BALDWIN???(no information)
4) Ruby BALDWIn ???( no information)
Note two children died before Seary was born)
3) Nancy BALDWIN
b. ca. 1874 MO
3) Ella BALDWIN
b. 1875 Mo
d?
m. 30 Oct 1897 MO
John C. SMITH
3) Jessie C BALDWIN
b. sept/oct 1880, MO
d. ?
m. Eunice no maiden name(#1m. HUNT)
b. 4-1880 MO
children:
4) Wesley HUNT
b. NOV-1898 MO
4) Ethel BALDWIN
b. 1904 MO
4) Jenna Baldwin
b. 1907 ark
4) Clarence BALDWIN
b. June 1909 OK
3) Dora I. BALDWIN
b. ca 1880 Mo
m. 11 My 1896
John C. BARKER
3) George BALDWIN
b. oct 1883 IA
3) John A. BALDWIN
b. Dec. 1886 IA
3) Rosetta j. BALDWIN
b. Jan 1888 MO
3) Ira C. BALDWIN
b. oct 1891 MO
3) unknown parent:
4) James W. SMALLWOOD
b. Oct 1889 MO
( listed as grandchild on census)
2) Harvey A. BALDWIN
b. ca. 1853 IA
2) Orlando J. BALDWIN
b. ca. 1855 IA
d. ? KS????
m. 29 Dec 1880 Benton Co. MO
Azora(aka Izora) HOPPER
b. ca. 1855 MO
(additional information on her and others listed with her
familyn on
1876 benton co. Mo.state cesus:
parents:
T.k HOPPER
Mary HOPPER.
children:
Izora Hopper (oldest)
Issac
Eshear
Inez
Lily
Eliza
Vinne
Also enumerated with this family on 1876 Benton Co, MO
state census:
Hopper, Riley age 45+
Elizabeth age 21/45
Marcus T.10/18
RobertH.10/18
Mary-10
Dolly-10
john -10
Emmett B.-10
Hopper, Catherineage +45
children:
3) Dallie D. BALDWIN
b. ca 1881 Mo
m. Magie No madien Name
3) John BALDWIN
b. ca. 1882 MO
3) Roy BALDWIN
b. 2 July 1885 Alexander Twp. BEnton Co. MO
3) Harvey BALDWIN
b. ca. 1899 MO
2) Hatley(aka Hattie/harriet/heather) A. BALDWIN
b. ca. 1861 IA
m. 23 July 1876 Benton Co. MO
William A. REED
b. apr 1848 OH
d. 1900 Buried Benton Co. MO
CHILDREN:
3) Etta REED
b. May 1881 Mo
3) Elmer REED
b. Sept 1884 MO
3)Claude REED
b. Jul 1887 Mo
note might have married in Nowata Co, OK???
3) Marvin REED
B. Dec. 1889 MO
3) Bertha REED
b. Nov. 1894 Mo
2) Annie E. BALDWIN
b. ca. 1867 MO

HINES
1)Benjamin (aka Benagah) HINES/HYNES
b. ca. 1823 KY
d. before 1867( wife remarried thatyear)
m. 5 sept 1841 ( ? where)
Sarah KERBY
b. 2/14/1822 TN
b. 9/21/1891 hickory co.MO
M#2 Hery BIRD
9 apr 1867 Benton co. MO
children:
2)Lucy Ann HINES b. ca. 1844 Mo.
2) John B. HINES b ca. 1845 MO
2) William HINES b ca. 1847 Mo
2) Felix HINES b. ca. 1849 MO
2) Robert HINES b. ca. 1851 MO
2) Susan Z. HINES b. ca. 1853 Mo.
m. 2 MAr 1871 Benton co.Mo
Thomas SPICER
2) Elisha HINES b. ca 1855 MO
2) Zacariah HINES
b. ca. 1859 Mo
m. Robecca J. CROSS
b. ca 1857 MO.
Children:
3) Rosella HINES
b. ca 1879, MO
m. 18 Jan 1894 benton Co. MO
William E. BALDWIN
b. 1871 Mo
3) J. R. HINES
b. March 1880 MO
3) Richard(Dick) Felix HINES
b. 3 Mar. 1890
Quincy, benton co. Mo
d. 20 Jan 1976 Van Zant Co TX
m. Edna Lou Martin.

2) Goldsberry HINES
b. ca. 1861 Mo
2) Margaret E. HINES
b. ca. 1863 MO

CROSS
JAmes Cross
b. ca. 1815 VA
D.
M. Elizabeth E. "Betsey" LOE / LOWE
He was a farmer in Hickory Co. In 1870
Children:
Robert J. Cross b. ca 1846 VA
Richard J. Cross b.ca. 1851 VA
Virginia E. Cross b. ca 1856 VA
Abby Cross b. ca. 1855 VA
Robecca J. CROSS
b. ca. 1857 VA( THIS is my grandmother's grandmother!!!)
M. Zachariah HINES
(son of Benjamin Hines and Sarah Kirby (#2marriage Henry Bird)
Victoria Cross b. ca 1859 VA.

Janey Bush Bullock in Oklahoma City, OK @ bushjl@ aol.com

This thread: