OKGARFIE-L Archives

Archiver > OKGARFIE > 2010-02 > 1265760696

Subject: Re: [OKGARFIE] OKGARFIE Digest, Vol 5, Issue 7
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 19:11:36 -0500

Hello
I only know of two cemeteries that were in Waukomis, in Garfield County, OKLA.
One is Waukomis Cemetery, which is well cared for, and has many Pioneers from the Sept 1893 Oklahoma
Cherokee Land Rush, including my grand father Arthur Albert Smith, who came County "O", which is what
Garfield Co was called before the land rush. My grand father and grand mother Cora Ann Davis (Stern) SMITH
are both buried in Waukomis Cemetery, which has an unusal wrought iron gate with a Pioneer Covered Wagon scene.
The 2nd Cemetery is called unofficialY Hackberry Cemetery and is about 5 to 10 miles down the road from Waukomis Cemetery.
Many of my ancestors, surnames of Bowling and Daugherty, are buried there in Hackberry Cemetery.
Hope this can be of some help to you. Waukomis is a very small town about 20 miles south of Enid.
Regards, Paul Smith

Sent: Tue, Feb 9, 2010 2:00 am
Subject: OKGARFIE Digest, Vol 5, Issue 7

Today's Topics: