OKGARFIE-L Archives

Archiver > OKGARFIE > 2010-01 > 1263570494

Subject: Re: [OKGARFIE] OKGARFIE Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 10:48:14 -0500

Hello:
Un-rellated to your grandpa James Polifka. My surname is SMITH.
My grand father was Arthur Albert Smith and he came to Oklahoma from Indiana
in 1890 and "Rode" in the 1893 Oklahoma Land Rush that opened the Cherokee Strip.
He settled 64+ acres in Waukomis, Garfield County, OKLA, about 10-15 miles south of
Enid, OKLA. He was married twice (1901) to Ellen Barbara Bowling (who died in 1909)
and Cora Ann Davis in 1911. With Cora Ann, who was married to Jesses Christian Stern
until he died in 1906 in Indianapolis, IND, my father ALBERT ARTHUR SMITH was born
(Jan 2, 1912 in Waukomis, OKLA). He was an only child, but had 3 half sisters and brother,
Nola Ethel Smith (HALL) in 1904 and Esther Smith (TRIPP) in 1909. There was also a 1/2
brother Ira Smith who was born and died between 1905 and 1908. Albert Arthur died May 17, 1982
in Fresno, Calif. His father Arthur died in 1945 Oklahoma and his mom, Cora, died in an
Enid, Okla hospital.
It appears we are UN - RELATED. Sorry. PAUL SMITH

Sent: Fri, Jan 15, 2010 2:01 am
Subject: OKGARFIE Digest, Vol 5, Issue 5

Today's Topics:
1. Re: polifka, polivka help ()