OKGARFIE-L Archives

Archiver > OKGARFIE > 2010-01 > 1262735912

Subject: Re: [OKGARFIE] OKGARFIE Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 18:58:32 -0500

JEFF:
I lived in Enid OKLA until 1958 but have been doing genealogy on my SMITH family for 6 years and
have run across the Dwyer name on several 1910-1920 & 1930 census. My grand father, ARTHUR
ALBERT SMITH (1865 IND to 1945 OKLA) Rode in the 1893 Oklahoma Land Rush and settled 64+ acres
in nearby Waukomis (10-15 miles south of Enid in Garfield Co.) There are also Dwyet family surnames
in the small but well kept Waukomis Cemetery where he and my grand mother (Cora Ann Davis (Stern)
SMITH are buried under a double headstone. I know this is isnt much t go on, but I started with less
6 years ago and have traced my SMITH surname family back to 1586 Bristol, England; and my 1st
Smith's in America (John Law SMITHE and wife Mary Atherton and son Joseph Allen Smith born May
1765 onboard Scottish ship ERIE ISLES.) Best of luck to you. Make 2010 AN HISTORIC YEAR.
PAUL SMITH email:

Sent: Tue, Jan 5, 2010 2:00 am
Subject: OKGARFIE Digest, Vol 5, Issue 2

Today's Topics: