OK-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > OK-CEMETERIES > 2005-08 > 1122931031

Subject: Town of Tryon
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 17:17:11 EDT

I know this isn't exactly having to do with cemeteries; Does anyone know how
the town of Tryon, Oklahoma got it's name? I received a packet of family
history papers from a relative, and at the top of the page was "Treon/Tryon
family history" Treon being my gggrandmother's maiden name. I have since learned
that distant relatives settled in the area of Tryon Oklahoma. Our family
being from Pennsylvania, and I now live here in Oklahoma, I would love to find
out if my relatives might have named the town!!!! (Another coincidence--my
husband has an aunt and uncle who now live in Tryon) Thanks for any help! Sharon
Blankenship

This thread: