OK-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > OK-CEMETERIES > 2003-03 > 1047842325

From: OK Genealogy <>
Subject: Re: [OK-CEM] Funeral Home Records
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 11:18:51 -0800 (PST)

The only problem I have encountered is that one funeral home in CA would not give out the social security number, but provided all other information. The ones in Woodward make copies for me on any info I request. In 1984 the LDS church microfilmed all but one of the funeral homes records. One director refused to allow his records to be filmed. At this point, no one knows where those records are at, last reported to possibly have been stored in the sons garage after the death of the funeral director. One funeral home in Ellis Co has loaned his books to the President of the Ellis Co Historical Society to transcribe & will eventually be online on the Ellis Co. Web site. So doesn't seem to me like there are concerns from these folks regarding law suits.