OK-CEMETERIES-L Archives

Archiver > OK-CEMETERIES > 2002-06 > 1024985025

Subject: [OK-CEM] Death Certificate problems
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 02:03:45 EDT

In a recent discussion with Mr. John C. Burks, OK State Registrar and chief
of the Vital Records Division, the kind offer was made to look into any
problems that have come to my attention that people have had receiving death
certificates. In monitoring this mailing list, a great many problems have
come to my attention and I would be happy to pass those along.

I can pass along the problems for any who would send specific information.
Please send the details of your problem privately to < >.
Please include your name, address where you requested the certificate be
sent, the complete details of the death that you sent to the Vital Records
Division with your request and the approximate date that this request was
made. If your receipt for payment includes any kind of number or other proof
of payment, that would probably help as well. I will pass these along to Mr.
Burks following his presentation to our Society on July 1, 2002.

The Oklahoma Genealogical Society cordially invites you to join us for the
meeting to hear Mr. John Burks, Oklahoma State Registrar, in person. He will
be our guest speaker on Monday evening, July 1, 2002, at 6 pm in the
Auditorium of the Wiley Post Building (Oklahoma Historical Society) located
at 2100 North Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City. The meeting is free and open to
the public.

We would respectfully request that any in attendance treat our guest
courteously and that individual problems be dealt with individually.

Billie Fogarty, President
Oklahoma Genealogical Society

[The Oklahoma Genealogical Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit educational
organization established March 1955]

This thread: