OHIO-VALLEY-L Archives

Archiver > OHIO-VALLEY > 1998-06 > 0897960201

From: Barbara & George Grenier <>
Subject: Re: DEATH CERT
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 18:23:21

Ohio did not require deaths to be reported until 1867 hence no death
certificate. You might try local church records and cemetery records.

Have you located Benniah on the 1850 census? Did the wife remarry soon? If
not you might try poor house/county home records. Anyway, try and locate
the family on the 1860 census.

Barbara

At 11:09 AM 6/15/98 -0700, Carol Heltebrake Gammel wrote:
>Hi! I have been unable to locate a death certificate for my gg grandfather
>Benniah Helterbrake.
>
>I really need to find out who his father was.
>
>Anybody got any ideas?
>
>I have a newspaper article from the Perrysburg Messenger Apr. 2, 1857.

This thread: