OHHOCKIN-L Archives

Archiver > OHHOCKIN > 1999-09 > 0938060623

From: "Walton" <>
Subject: [OHHOCKIN] Wolf family
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:23:43 -0400

My husband's Wolf family's roots were in Koblenz, Rhine Valley, Germany.
Wilhelm Adam Wolff and wife Maria Elizabatha arrived in Philadelphia aboard
"The Edinburgh" on Sept. 16, 1751. They lived in PA and MD before moving
to the Wachovia area of Surry Co.,NC in 1769.

Their grandson, John Daniel Wolff II b. Apr. 1, 1787 married Johana Bench
and moved with six children to Ross Co., OH where they had three more
children including my husband's gggrandfather Lawrence Wolf b.1832.

Lawrence married Anna Shreckengaust on Dec. 23, 1850 in Hocking Co., but
they probably lived most of their lives in Vinton Co.,OH. They had eight
children: Sarah b.1852, Elizabeth b.1854, Christena b.1855, Nancy b.1860,
Lemuel b.1862, George b.1865, Louisa b.1867, and Julia b.1870.

John Daniel and Johana Bench Wolf are buried in Wolf Cemetery, Jackson Twp.,
Vinton Co.. Anyone with information to share about this Wolf line please
contact me.
Thanks, Sharon

This thread: