OHGEN-L Archives

Archiver > OHGEN > 2005-10 > 1128950244

From: Sandra Quinn <>
Subject: Jasons Google map project needs volunteers
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 09:17:24 -0400

Good evening, everyone...

I have been working with this, and I think it will be a great thing for
the CC's to add to their sites.

Check it out, and see what you think.

Lorraine Newsome
ASC OHGenWeb

Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 20:52:34 -0500
From: Jason Ferguson <>
Subject: Fwd: Need A Message Forwarded to the National List

Thanks for the help!

I need a message upchanneled to the National SC list. I'm at a point
with the map generator that I need a much larger group of testers, so
I'm hoping that the other State Coordinators can forward it their own
state lists. The message I need forwarded is below.

Jason

-----

Attn County Coordinators!

I am working to provide a new resource to County Coordinators
everywhere. Google has made their online maps available for anyone to
use and customize to show whatever and wherever they want. However,
the process for doing it is a bit too tough for non-programmers.

I am creating an online system that will allow CC's to create a
customized map for their sites without having to know how to program.
Webmasters will use the wizard to create three files to their sites.
Once these files are uploaded, the county map is ready to use.

The mapmaker is ALMOST ready to use. Several CCs in Georgia have
assisted me in basic testing. At this point, I need a wider group of
testers. I need testers of all types and abilities, but am especially
interested in testers who are programmers (PHP and Javascript), and
people who are good HTML coders but can test the files in Frontpage.
Please do not be scared off if you are a beginner: I need your help
just as much! (And if you can help me with a "pretty" design for the
site, let me know... I can program, but I'm not the most artistic guy
in the world!

Please reply to me directly at if you can
help. Once I get your message, I will forward you the address of the
mapmaker and subscribe you to the development mailing list. (I don't
want the address to get out until after we are sure there are no bugs
in the system).

Thanks in advance, and have a great day.

(State Coordinators: could you please forward this request to your
state lists so your CCs can volunteer? Thanks!).

Jason

This thread: