OHFAIRFI-L Archives

Archiver > OHFAIRFI > 2001-10 > 1003843407

From: "Terry & Teri" <>
Subject: Re: [OHFAIRFI-L] Seminar
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:23:27 -0400

I wonder Amy, if audio tapes wouldn't be the best bet here. Of course
the video idea is the nicest, but I can see that that idea might not make
the money to cover the expenses.

You wouldn't have to make a lot in advance, just as needed. The essence
of the lesson would be provided even though the ambience of the
surroundings isn't.

It might not make a ton of money, but may well be worth the efforts
needed to put the idea into practice.

I know that you guys put a lot of effort into this activity and you're all to
be commended.

Teri

On 23 Oct 2001, at 8:00, Amy Johnson Crow wrote:

> At 08:34 PM 10/22/01, Lois wrote:
> >If you are really wanting everyone to gain from these seminars, why not
> >video tape them and let those of unable to attend either rent or purchase
> >them? The money raised in this fashion would more than pay for the cost
> >of producing them.
>

> That is a good idea in theory. However, the production costs would far
> outweigh the potential sale. I have been involved in genealogical speaking
> for several years and have had my lectures audiotaped at national
> conferences. I know from the company that does them that they operate on a
> very slim profit margin (in other words, it doesn't make them much money).
>
> Also, each speaker has to give permission to be taped, and would likely
> expect (rightly so) to receive a royalty for each tape sold. After all, it
> is their lecture that the person/organization is selling. That adds to the
> expense.
>
> Amy
>
> (this message is from the author and does not necessarily represent the
> views of the Fairfield County Chapter, OGS)
>
> ==========
> Amy Johnson Crow, CG
> Reynoldsburg, Ohio

* * * * * * * *
II Chron 7:14
If my people that are called by my name, shall humble themselves,
and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then
will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and heal
their land. (KJV)

http://www.greenapple.com/~pastor751/
http://www.rootsweb.com/~codolore/index.html
http://www.rootsweb.com/~comesa2/index.html