OHCLERMO-L ArchivesArchiver > OHCLERMO > 2006-01 > 1136243856
Subject: Re: [OHCLER] REYNOLDS BETHUEL
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 18:17:36 EST
Smyyna was about present Clermont's 1st Presbyterian church. Adams Co,and
current Brown Co had several earlier Presbyterian churches. One was Red Oak
Presbyteri an,near the fork of US RTS 62 and 68,at hamlet of Red Oak,5 miles
of Ripley,now Brown Co. Both were in se Clermont until 1818. NE of Red Oak,on
US RT 62,north of Russellville,Ohio was REYNOLDS family,from NY state,whose
pre 1`818 cabin was in Boyd twnsp,now Adams Co,,but now n Jefferson township,
Brown Co,Ohio. Rev James Gillihan was the Presbyteriian minister of Red
Oak,in 1817,when an earlier Duncan Evans m Matilda Evans Apr 1817.
John Lindsey,JP lived,1817 on the line that divided old Clermont and Adams
Co,and reported current Brown Co maRRIAGES TO BOTH CLERMONT AND ADAMS.
R eynolds m James Wardlow,1817 AND Lois Reynolds to Ayer Pool,1817, were two
he reported to Clermont Co. Emily Reynolds 19,to Kilby Clarke,by Christian
church's John Powell,
june 23,1849 likely was a Felicity marriage.
Thunderstorm. Must unplug and un jack