OHCLERMO-L Archives

Archiver > OHCLERMO > 2002-12 > 1040707472

Subject: Re: [OHCLER] Leeds,Smith and other common names
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 00:24:37 EST

My John P. Davis and Rebecca Steelman, d/o Zephaniah Steelman, (d. 1790) and
Rebecca Risley or Rebecca Ireland, married 1809, and moved to Hamilton Co.,
Ohio before 1818. My John Scull Davis was born 06 March 1818, Hamilton Co.,
Ohio. His mother, Rebecca (Steelman) Davis, had 2 sister, Sarah Steelman that
md Paul Scull and Esther Steelman that md Jeremiah/Nehemiah Clark. By 1830,
My Davis/Steelman line was in Posey Co., Indiana. I am looking at why they
moved where they did, and with what other families. In the census I see some
the same names I see in Clermont Co.

Bonnie Andrews

This thread: