OHBELMON-L Archives

Archiver > OHBELMON > 2008-05 > 1211044100

From: "Sandra Ferguson" <>
Subject: [OHBELMON] Ohio Vital records
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 13:08:20 -0400

I suggest you visit the OHS online site, which explains all sort of state
vital statistics, when they were begun, where warehoused, etc....
http://www.ohiohistory.org/ this is what it says about birth records...

Sandra

1867 through December 19, 1908
Ohio made it a law to record births in 1867. County probate courts kept
birth records between 1867 and December 19, 1908. There is no statewide
index to birth records from 1867 through December 19, 1908. Go to the list
of county probate court birth records held at the Ohio Historical Society.
If the Ohio Historical Society does not hold a county's birth records,
please contact the county's probate court. A list of county courthouse
contacts is available at Ohio County Courthouse Addresses.

" Could someone please tell me what the easiest way to get Belmont Co. birth
records is??? Online?? From the 1880's?? "

This thread: