ODEN-L Archives

Archiver > ODEN > 2000-04 > 0955771672

From: "Bette J. S. Oden" <>
Subject: Oden Bible
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 00:07:52 -0400

Dear list,
This bible was everything I had hoped for and more. The bible is in very
poor shape, but the letters and clippings were awsome. All of the letters
were to Sarah Jane (Daniels) Oden. She was the widow of Philip Oden.
Philip was the son of Elias and Sarah (Cooksey) Oden. Sarah Jane and
Philip were married in Ohio. They had 5 sons and a daughter. These
children left Ohio and went to Oregon, Missouri, and Illinois. There is
another strange twist to this story. The son that came to Dairy, Oregon
was Hamilton Scott Oden. He came in 1883 with my 1st cousin 3 generations
removed. This was and is a very small world. I'll post the information
soon. Thanks again.
Bette Oden

This thread: