NYSUFFOL-L Archives

Archiver > NYSUFFOL > 2000-12 > 0976719444

From: "Ceal Wutka" <>
Subject: Re: [NYSUFFOL] Researching Long Island
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:57:24 -0500

The place was Hempstead, Long Island, and a search on a geographic server
didn't show Queens as a possibility.

I suppose I really need to find a much older map of New York to try and
figure out exactly where they were. About 1720 they have a son born in
Madnan's Neck, Long Island (bet that is Madman's?). From the information I
have, this seems to be part of Hempstead and has "Cow's Neck" in parentheses
beside the name. They appear in Monmouth County, NJ not long after about
1722.

Ceal