NYRENSSE-L Archives

Archiver > NYRENSSE > 2005-02 > 1108936313

From: "PJS" <>
Subject: (Rensselaer) Roll Call - HOWE / SABIN
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:53:35 -0600

Looking for our 3rd grt-grandmother, Elizabeth "Betsey" HOWE... it's a long
email, but I need help - this is all I know after years of searching!!!!

She was b 23 Mar 1800 VT/NY (Census has VT, obit has Troy NY). She mar Ezra
E SABIN b 1790 Berlin, Rens, NY June 1818 Troy NY. Resided Oneida Co by
1830s; 6 sons, Edward, Barber, Niles, William, Willard, Selah. Niles &
Barber were surnames on Sabin side. They died Irving, Marshall Co, KS-her
1888 & him 1874

Sons Edward, William, Willard, Selah - clues to her father's name? Niles was
Niles Wilson - could Wilson be her mother's maiden? Son Willard named dau
Lois Louise - could be Elizabeth's mother's 1st name?

Early Settlers of Troy NY 1790s - Ebenezer Wilson and Samuel Wilson
First settlers of Nassau (Phillipstown) NY - C Howe and Wilson
formed 1806 from Stephentown/Petersburg - spouse Ezra E Sabin was born 1790
Berlin/Stephentown, NY

Baptisms Schaghticote Dutch Ref 1752-1856 - Heath, Samuel & Lois Wilson;
Joshua 28 Feb 1781 - maybe 1st spouse died and she remarried a Howe?

Ostrander-Howe Family Bible (Rens Co web site) has Aaron and Lucinda (Peck)
Howe Appears they from Jamaica, Windham, VT. Oakwood Cem has Chandler C and
Elliott C Howe born about same time as Elizabeth - sons of Aaron and Lucinda
(Peck) Howe.

Book on Troy's 100 yrs - lists H.G. Howe, James H Howe, John K Howe, Howe &
Smith

1800 Fed Census James and Joseph Howe in Bennington VT
1820 Fed Census Schodak - James Howe also Graham Wilson; Ester in Albany NY

There were Howe families in Hooshik NY 1800s
There were several Howe families in Schenectady Co 1800-1860

This thread: