NYRENSSE-L Archives

Archiver > NYRENSSE > 2005-02 > 1108448087

From: "Beryl O'Gorman" <>
Subject: ROLL CALL - Clements
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 17:16:54 +1100

Hi All
My husband's grandfather, Charles Augustus CLEMENTS was, according to his
marriage certificate, born in Troy in 1866. His father was Charles CLEMENTS,
a physician, his mother unknown. He came to Australia via South Africa in
the 1880s and married in Sydney Australia in 1890s. He was a vaudeville
performer, a trapeze artist, and trained his wife and children to perform in
a family act around Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India.

The fact that his father was a physician leads us to believe he ran away
with a circus. He talked of a half-brother, Antonio, with a surname
something like Rodriguez, and named one of his sons Antonio.
Would love to find some trace of this family.
Cheers
Beryl

Beryl O'Gorman
Greensborough Victoria Australia