NYOTSEGO-L Archives

Archiver > NYOTSEGO > 1998-04 > 0893808402

From: George Adams <>
Subject: First Baptist Church (Springfield Center)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 17:06:42 -0700

I have seen a microfilm copy of the "Records of the First Baptist Church of
Springfield" in Springfield Center which is on file in the New York State
Library in Albany.

The record shows an Amasa Addams and a Mary Addams who were admitted on 30
Dec 1789 at Dorlach (now Sharon in Schoharie Co.) and were baptized on 1
Feb 1790.

Amasa was dismissed by letter on 12 Mar 1807. Amasa moved to Ontario Co. in
1807.

This was all the information on Mary and Amasa in that record.

Can anyone tell me if any other sources of information exist about this
Church which may give me more information? I am looking for the names of
Amasa's parents. The Mary mentioned could very well be his mother.

Does the Church still exist? What is the address?

Thank you,

George Adams <>

This thread: