NYNIAGAR-FOLKS-L Archives

Archiver > NYNIAGAR-FOLKS > 2008-07 > 1216232424

From: Beth Fleischer <>
Subject: Re: [NYNIAGAR-FOLKS] Kim in Nebraska
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 11:20:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi Folks,
As a bacteriologist, I'd like to warn you that studies have shown that antibacterial soaps, creams, etc, do nothing more than create supergerms that are more and more resistant to antibiotics. Studies have shown that ordinary soap and water is much more effective in protecting you against infection. Esp. important is NOT to touch your eyes with your hands because that is one route of infection that many people don't realize. So, the bottom line is, wash your hands, wash your hands often, just don't use the antibacterials. Beth Fleischer