NYNEWYOR-L Archives

Archiver > NYNEWYOR > 2011-11 > 1322664437

Subject: [NYNEWYOR] 1894 Catholic Church???
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:47:17 -0500 (EST)

Help me find the correct Catholic church for a Baptismal Certificate of
Irish Catholic immigrants' son, please.

DATE OF BIRTH: 5 SEPT 1894----have birth certificate
PLACE of BIRTH: 311 East 60th St., NY, NY 10022 [have photo]

Today this address is at the foot of the 59th Street Bridge (also known as
Queensborough Bridge), across the tram from Roosevelt/Blackwell's Island.

The zip code is irregular for the neighborhood, so Manhattan List of
Catholic
Churches by ZIP CODE created by Charles Sullivan does not work.

The church in question was probably Irish.

Our Lady of Peace does not have it. They had mainly Slovak members.

St. John the Evangelist, definitely was an Irish parish, but Father Joseph
phoned me and they do not have it.

Would SKS please offer suggestions?

Thank you,
Barb