NYFULTON-L Archives

Archiver > NYFULTON > 2008-03 > 1205618218

From: ,
Subject: Re: [NYFULTON] Baker Farm in Gloversville, Fulton County, New York
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:56:58 -0000

Author: gchavens
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.usa.states.newyork.counties.fulton/1357.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hi Sue,
My wife and I are old friends of Jason's and are owners of the "Baker" field just past the Parsons Farm on Norboro Rd.
We bought the land from Norma Parsons whos family farmed this area since 1797. Norma told us before she died that the field we bought to build our house was called the Baker field by her family because the Bakers had originally owned it and used to drive by their farm (corner of Phelps and easterly) to work the field. Later on the Parsons bought the field. Norma told us that she thought that the Baker Farm predated her families farm and the Bakers farmed nearly all the land N of Gloversville prior to the Edwards,Parsons, and the Wright Farm (Dr Long's). Our barn is from 1860 and there used to be a farm hands home next to it on the road. Let us know what you find out on the Baker Farm. I'll stop by someday when I see you guys out.
Glenn Havens

Important Note: