NYDUTCHE-L Archives

Archiver > NYDUTCHE > 2009-09 > 1253160935

From: juliasgenes <>
Subject: Re: [NYDUTCHE] SAMPUBCO - new datasets added
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 21:15:35 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the REALLY prompt reply!

I don't mean to be snide as I really want to get info on this subject:

If I can't distinguish the John Johnson who died in Dover Plains in 1873, Dutchess County  (he's a roadblock for me) from the other NYS John Johnsons, how would I know to send for a particular record?

I'd like to either tie him to the Revolutionary War vet named John Johnson of Dover Plains that died at age 92-ish after the 1850 census or know it's a dead end. (I can't help but wonder if perhaps the vet JJ could be the younger JJ's GF, elderly father, or uncle.)

Thanks, Julia