NYDELAWA-L Archives

Archiver > NYDELAWA > 2005-07 > 1122746636

From: "calamityjane" <>
Subject: Bruce obit and Rose Schoolcraft info
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 14:03:56 -0400

I found this obit on bklyn-genealogy-info dot com. It has a wealth of information including a link that will get you Free baptisms and marriages from very early Kingston and Schenectady records and others. Go down to Marriages and Indices, then go to Very Early Marriages 1600's to 1800's from Robert L Billard's family search database. As a matter of fact he gives up all copyrights and says he believes in free genealogy. This same info was being sold by Ancestry dot com so here it is for Free.
I'd also like to mention that I've found enough info on the William Rose/Roos/ Roosa/Rosa and Elisabeth Schoolcraft family to put them in Kingston in the 1780's and Not in Pepacton, Delaware/Ulster County. So just maybe I'm right when I've said they are not the ones whose son was kidnapped at Pepacton during the Revolutionary War and the history book is wrong.
Don't know if I've mentioned this before, but there is a Pepacton Creek near Grahamsville, Sullivan Co, that is very near the location of the Battle of Graham's Woods that took place during the Revolutionary War. You will need a local map to see it.
evelyn

1907...DEATH..April Brooklyn Standard Union
JUSTICE M.L. BRUCE'S MOTHER IS DEAD.
Andes, N.Y., April 20.--Mrs. Mary Linn BRUCE, mother of Supreme Court Justice M. Linn BRUCE, and wife of the Rev. Dr. James BRUCE, died here yesterday. She was 77 years old. She was the daughter of the late Col. Matthew LINN, of Pennsylvania, and was married to Dr. BRUCE in 1855. She is survived by her husband, two daughters and five sons, among whom are ex-Lieut.-Gov BRUCE and the Rev. W.R. BRUCE, pastor of the Park Hill Reformed Church at Yonkers, N.Y. Dr. BRUCE has been the pastor of the United Presbyterian Church here for forty-three years.

This thread: