NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2009-07 > 1248548628

From: Cliff Lamere <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] Question? Where are old NY State wills housed?
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:03:48 -0400

The original message was sent to a message board. The message is
"gatewayed" to our mailing list. Messages sent directly to the mailing
list do not get seen by the person who asked the question. You have to
click on the link and go to the message board, then answer it there.

Cliff

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wrote:

>I found some early wills in Hudson, NY...can't remember the name of the
>office, sorry. JAT
>
>In a message dated 7/24/2009 3:41:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> writes:
>
>Have you tried the LDS Church microfilm for Albany Wills ?? I found the
>will
>for my husband's G-g-grandfather in the wills for 1878.... the Albany
>office
>wanted $100.00 research fee (even tho I knew the exact Book & page #) &
>then
>$1.00 per page for photocopying it....
>
>I ordered the film in from the LDS Library & copied the will to CD &
>printed
>it out .... & it ended up costing me less than $10.00.
>Jan

This thread: