NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2009-07 > 1248489406

Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] Question? Where are old NY State wills housed?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 22:36:46 EDT

I found some early wills in Hudson, NY...can't remember the name of the
office, sorry. JAT

In a message dated 7/24/2009 3:41:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
writes:

Have you tried the LDS Church microfilm for Albany Wills ?? I found the
will
for my husband's G-g-grandfather in the wills for 1878.... the Albany
office
wanted $100.00 research fee (even tho I knew the exact Book & page #) &
then
$1.00 per page for photocopying it....

I ordered the film in from the LDS Library & copied the will to CD &
printed
it out .... & it ended up costing me less than $10.00.
Jan