NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2009-01 > 1231540463

From: "Nancy M. Lyons" <>
Subject: [NYALBANY] Albany City Irish
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 17:34:23 -0500

Hi all,
I am searching for an Irish Catholic family who lived in Albany in the mid
to late 1800s and 1900s. They are buried in St Agnes Cemetery. I have their
dates of internment. What is the most cost efficient way to obtain copies of
the death records? and where to get them? What information is provided on
the death records in the 1880s? 1890s? early 1900s? If a couple was living
in Albany and having children in the 1st ward the 1840s what Catholic
Church would they have taken their children to be baptized? Do the baptismal
records ever contain place of origin of the parents?
What newspaper would have covered the area in the 1800s? Do any of the local
institutions have online databases?
Regards
Nancy

This thread: