NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2004-03 > 1079014788

From: david stott <>
Subject: [NYALBANY] family burying ground
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:19:48 -0500

Hello all,

In my search for my Colvin ancestors, I found a reference to a "Colvin
Family burial ground" that was reportedly located at: the following
location:

"1/2 mile North of the interesection of Rte 9W and Rte 101 on the east side
of Rte 101. It is listed as being near the "Depuy Farm" in the reference.
"

During my last visit to Albany, I could not locate this cemetery at all.

Is there any way to determine if this cemetery still exists or if it has
been moved to another location ??

I am also interested in trying to find land records for a 300 acre farm
owned by John Colvin in the Coeymans area...

John reportedly died in Jan of 1814..... I am hoping the property records
tell me more about John Colvin and his wife Sarah Fuller.

As near as I can determine, the farm was passed down to a son, James Colvin
who then sold the property in 1834.

Is there a town in the area or would Albany hold the land records for this
area??? or are the land records, long gone?

Thanks

Dave in CT

This thread: