Archiver > NYALBANY > 2004-03 > 1079014788

From: david stott <>
Subject: [NYALBANY] family burying ground
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:19:48 -0500

Hello all,

In my search for my Colvin ancestors, I found a reference to a "Colvin
Family burial ground" that was reportedly located at: the following

"1/2 mile North of the interesection of Rte 9W and Rte 101 on the east side
of Rte 101. It is listed as being near the "Depuy Farm" in the reference.

During my last visit to Albany, I could not locate this cemetery at all.

Is there any way to determine if this cemetery still exists or if it has
been moved to another location ??

I am also interested in trying to find land records for a 300 acre farm
owned by John Colvin in the Coeymans area...

John reportedly died in Jan of 1814..... I am hoping the property records
tell me more about John Colvin and his wife Sarah Fuller.

As near as I can determine, the farm was passed down to a son, James Colvin
who then sold the property in 1834.

Is there a town in the area or would Albany hold the land records for this
area??? or are the land records, long gone?

Dave in CT

This thread: