NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2003-12 > 1070898891

From: Kathleen Prior <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] Whipple
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:54:51 -0500

Thank you so much for all of your research. This is definitely the Margaret
that I am looking for. My mistake with Abel. He died in 1849 so he would not
have been in the household. The other Abel that you found who was 65 would not
have been a grandparent - maybe an Uncle. Josiah William Whipple's father was
Daniel Sawyer Whipple and he died in 1829. But the John W. Dorris that you
found is correct. I know he died in Chester, NY so now you have confirmed the
fact that he was living in Chester by 1860. I am going to go into these census
records and check them out.

Thank you!!!

Kathy Prior
Executive Assistant
Bayer HealthCare
Technical Operations - North America
973-254-4621
973-408-8122 (Fax)

"Nancy"
< To:
er.rr.com> cc:
12/08/2003 10:19
AM
Please respond to
NYALBANY-L

Hi Kathy,
I found her in 1860 Albany County, West Troy, 2nd ward, page 96:

Whipple, Margaret J., 34, Flint Dealer, value of personal estate $700
Helena, 18, Tailoress
Daniel S., 13
Dorris, 10
Martha, 6
all born in NY
Able wasn't with them, so he may be with the grandparents, or apprenticed
somewhere and with a different family.
There is also another female person at the bottom of the page that I can't
read, age 44. I'll see if I can find it on ancestry.
Will look for the Dorris family next.
If I can't get the image to send by email, I can snail mail it to you.
~Nancy Q