NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2003-12 > 1070898267

From: "Nancy" <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] Whipple
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:45:20 -0500

Found John Dorris and wife in 1860 Rensselaer Co., 2nd ward Troy, page 109.
I think the other people in the house are probably boarders.

John W. Dorris, 46, Meth E minister (Methodist Episcopal?). val. real estate
$800, val. personal estate $800, b. NY
Elizabeth Dorris, 54, saloon keeper, b. NY
Zackariah Hasted(??), 40, stage driver, b. NY
Duncan Livingston, 54, stage driver, b. Vermont
Albert Edusbrom(can't read it), 21, stage driver, b. NY
Robert Mann, 24, shoemaker, val. personal estate $50, b. Mass.
(Interesting that the husband was a minister and the wife ran a saloon
considering the temperance movement)
~Nancy Q