NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2003-12 > 1070889605

From: Kathleen Prior <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] Whipple
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 08:20:05 -0500

Hi Nancy,

I have been able to find my whipples in the 1870 census but not 1860. By 1860,
"Josiah" William Whipple had passed so his wife should have been the head of
household.

Her name was
Margaret J. WHIPPLE.

Her parents and sister may have been living with them. Their names were
Rev John W. DORRIS and Elizabeth DORRIS and their daughter, Elmira DORRIS.

The children in the household were
Helena , Able, Daniel Sawyer, Dorris William and Martha Ann WHIPPLE.

If you are able to find either the WHIPPLE family or DORRIS, I would be so
grateful. By 1870 the family was in NYC but I can't determine when they moved
since I don't know where they were in 1860. Thanks so much for your help.

Kathy

Kathy Prior
Executive Assistant
Bayer HealthCare
Technical Operations - North America
973-254-4621
973-408-8122 (Fax)

"Nancy"
< To:
er.rr.com> cc:
12/05/2003 11:26
AM
Please respond to
NYALBANY-L

Hi Kathy,
There were no Whipples listed in the Green Island section, but there were 2
listings in West Troy and 5 in Troy City in 1859. Some of the names in the
City of Troy look promising.

West Troy 1859:
Whipple Bishop, West Troy Hotel, River near Ferry
Whipple Moses, horsedealer, house 133 Broad

Troy City 1859:
Whipple Christopher, laborer, house 4 Walnut
Whipple Daniel, house 559 River
Whipple George H., carpenter, boards 4 Walnut
Whipple Waters W. & Co. (A.J. Rousseau), lumber, Front, between
Washington and Liberty, house 39 First
Whipple William W., boards Washington Hotel

Do you need your Whipples looked up on the 1860 or 1870 census?
~Nancy Q