NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2003-09 > 1062773285

From: "rjknauf" <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] Lutheran Church
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:48:05 -0400

Kathy,
The church to which my husband's German KNAUF ancestors were attached was
the First Evangelical Protestant Church of Clinton St Albany NY. I believe
that is a different one than the St Matthew's Lutheran church you were
referring to.
Go to google.com type Albany NY churches and you will come up with a list
of chooices. You might then go to yahoo yellow pages or switchboard .com
and find telephone #'s and addresses of your church. You could then call
and ask when church was estbl'd.

Also try these sites for books available on NY churches.
http://www.bookfinder.com/dir/i/Vital_Records_of_First_Lutheran_Church,_Albany,_NY,_1774-1842-_ALbany/1560121297/
http://www.bookfinder.com/dir/1751112-1751243/

Jeannette

This thread: