NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2003-09 > 1062698196

From: Kathleen Prior <>
Subject: [NYALBANY] Lutheran Church
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 13:56:36 -0400

Would anyone on this list have any information regarding a specific Church in
Albany. My gg-grandparents were married in the Church in 1852. On their
marriage papers it says the name is First German Ev. Luth. St. Matthews Church ,
Albany, NY.

There is a St. Matthews Church on Whitehall Rd. but is it one in the same? Does
anyone know if this church dates back to 1852? I'm so confused - can someone
help me? I don't want to make the long trek up to Albany to see a brand new
church.

Thanks for any help at all.

Kathy Prior
Executive Assistant