NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 2002-05 > 1021337548

From: "REGINA ATCHINSON" <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] RE:Phoenix Place - Hudson Avenue
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 21:01:30 -0400

Ernie,
Oh yes, please! The latest information I have is from the 1920 census. I'm waiting with baited breath for the 1930 census just to see my mother show up. She was born in 1925 but died quite a while ago so I don't know anything about the family. I was born in 1948 but my mother never spoke about her family. I think there was some bad feelings there for some reason. So you see, I know nothing about my Cranney family and anything at all that you could send would be greatly appreciated.
Ginger

From: Ernie Shea
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 8:56 PM
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] RE:Phoenix Place - Hudson Avenue

If they had moved to the Irish section (Livingston Ave.) they would be prime
candidates for St. Agnes Cemetery. I found a bunch of Cranneys in the 1947
directory, let me know if that list is needed.
Ernie
From: "REGINA ATCHINSON" <>
Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] RE:Phoenix Place - Hudson Avenue

> Ernie,
> I can't believe you found that information! I was going to try to get time
off of work to go to the library in Delmar (Bethlehem) because the last
"sighting" I had of Luke and Lucy Cranney was the 1920 census living in
Bethlehem, NY. Lucy was 80 years old then so I figured she probably died
soon after 1920. Her and Luke owned the harness shop in Bethlehem in 1920,
how the devil did she get to Livingston Ave in Albany (not really a
question, just thinking). I spent one whole Saturday actually walking
through cemeteries in Delmar trying to see if I could find one of their
graves. This is great info. John would have been a son of hers. When she
lived in Bethlehem NY her son James was listed as living with her. He was 40
at the time. Veronica is her grand-daughter.
> Thank you so very much.
> Ginger
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: Ernie Shea
> Sent: Monday, May 13, 2002 7:39 PM
> Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] RE:Phoenix Place - Hudson Avenue
> Ginger,
> In the 1928 directory I have a Lucy Cranney, widow of Luke at 139
Livingston
> Ave. At the same
> address is a John Cranney listed as a telephone operator. There is a
> Veronica E. Cranney, a clerk at the Capitol who lives at 121 South Hawk.
> Might as well fill in all the gaps.
> Ernie
of
> > his sons were working with him by then (Luke G. and James). By 1900 he
> moved
> > his business to Delmar, NY. He owned the shop and house on Kenwood Ave
in
> > Delmar. I even found an old picture of Broadway in the 1880s which shows
> > exactly where the shop should be. I even walked down Broadway to try to
> > locate the area. It is now an office bldg.near the 787 road. I'm almost
> sure
> > it was his own shop because I checked the city directories and in the
back
> > where the advertisements are he has his ads.
> > Thank you so much for checking on this.
> > Ginger
> > >From:
> > >Reply-To:
> > >To:
> > >Subject: Re: [NYALBANY] RE:Phoenix Place - Hudson Avenue
> > >Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 15:56:40 EDT
> > >
> > >Ginger:
> > > who was your harness maker. I have Silsby's, carriage makers and
> Nash's
> > >Harness maker's in the area in that time frame.
> > >Steve.