NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 1999-01 > 0917022356

From: <>
Subject: Re: [NYALBANY-L] Info
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:25:56 EST

The NYS Newspaper project has filmed many of the papers that were published
and are available on inter-library loan. The cost is free if one lives in NY
but $10.00 for 5 tapes if one lives outside NY. Believe that the 5 tapes must
be of the same paper but then I could be wrong. I have been working on
Delaware Co., NY, live in VA & have used the this method for the past few
months. The turnaround rate is great, for I get the tapes back around 10
working days after submitting a request and found it a valuable tool for
locating marriages & obits, providing me with a better detail of the family I
am researching. Hope this will clear up some of the questions on this matter.

Alan

This thread: