NYALBANY-L Archives

Archiver > NYALBANY > 1998-06 > 0897021655

From: Dorothy Frisbie <>
Subject: [NYALBANY-L] MALCOLM (any!), Albany, 1800-1850
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 21:40:55 -0700 (PDT)

Have traced my MALCOLM family back to Stephen Van Rensselaer MALCOLM, born
ca 1817, POSSIBLY to Charles and Elizabeth (Lewis) MALCOLM, although they
have 5 earlier children christened in the Dutch Reform Church. It may be
that the Baptist Church had converted Elizabeth before his birth --
Elizabeth was buried in the Baptist Church part of the State Street
Cemetery, and later records show that Stephen was a member of the Baptist
Church in Morris, IL in later years.

The Albany City Directory listing of the MALCOLM names, and census records
are in my information collection. There is no record of a will by Charles
MALCOLM (as a matter of fact I haven't yet found where he was buried when he
died) but does anyone know if there might be school records or other clues
that would place Stephen in Charles' family?

Lewis MALCOLM and Sarah Louisa MALCOLM (who married Jeremiah JONES) MAY also
be children of Charles and Elizabeth MALCOLM. Can someone shed some light
on this?

Dorothy Cate Frisbie

This thread: