NUNNERY-L Archives

Archiver > NUNNERY > 2006-10 > 1161083893

From: "Sharon M. Bledsoe" <>
Subject: [NUNNERY] William Sanders land conveyance Rebecca Nunnery'sFather????
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 04:18:13 -0700 (PDT)

DEED BOOK N, Page 317 & top of page 318

WILLIAM TUBBS South Carolina
et al to Pendleton District
AndW Willson

Know all men by these presents that we that is William Tubbs and Jeremiah Smith of the State of Tennessee and Hickmondy County for an in consideration of the sum of One Hundred Dollars to them in hand paid by Andw Wilson of Pendleton District and State of South Carolina have bargained and sold unto the said Willson nine shares of a tract of land formerly belonging to William Sanders, deceased, as legatees of said Estate, the land having such shape as shall be hereafter described, the said William Tubbs having full power and authority to assign over seven parts of said land besides his own, that is Sion Sanders, William Sanders, Willie Sanders, John Sanders, Nicholas Fisher, Daniel Tubbs, and Liddy Sanders. Be it also known by these presents that I, John Simpson of the State of and District above mentioned for and in consideration of the sum of Forty Dollars to him in hand paid by Andrew Wilson of said District have bargained and sold unto the said Wilson three shares of
the land of the Estate and Nathaniel Nunnay. We the above William Tubbs, Jeremiah Smith and John Simpson have bargained and sold unto the said Wison such shares as above mentioned of a tract of land situate in said District on Little River in all containing one hundred and seventy seven acres. Beginning on the East Side of the river at a White Oak 3 X running N 55 E 28 to a stake 3 X and from thence 44 E 8 to a Post Oak 3 X and thence S 82 E 5 to a Post Oak 3 X from thence S 19 W 7 to Black Oak 3 X and S 55-73 to a pine 3 X from thense 68 S 78 to a Spanish Oak 3 X and thence W 20.23 to a Pine 3 X and from thence W 33 to Red Oak 3 X on the river. The said land was granted to Thomas_______ by a plat bearing date the fourth day of February One Thousand Seven Hundred and Ninety Nine by his Excellency______w Rutledge, Esqr. Together with all singular the rights_______, heretaments and appurtances to the said premises belonging or in anywise or appetaining. To have to hold
all and singular the premises before mentioned unto the said and.w Wilson his heirs and assigns forever. And we do hereby bind ourselves, our heirs, executors and administrators to warrant and forever defend all and singular the said premises unto the said And.W Wilson his heirs and assigns and assigns against ourselves and our heirs and against every person whomsoever lawfully claiming or to claim the same or any part thereof. As witnessed our hand and seals this twentieth day of November One Thousand Eight Hundred and Sixteen and in the forty first year of Independence of the United States of America. Signed, sealed and delivered in presence of
His His
John X Sanders William X Tubs Mark Mark

AndW Mc Callister John Simpson
Jeremiah Smith

South Carolina
Pendleton District Personally came Andrew Mc Allister before me one of the Justices assigned to keep the peace and on his oath saith that he saw William Tubs, John Simpson, Jeremiah Smith sign, seal and deliver within as their act deed and for the purposes within mentioned and that he saw John Sanders with himself sign as witnesses.
Sworn to and signed before me this 26th day of September 1817.

John Simpson Andw Mc Allister

(recorded 26 September 1817 & Examined by Jesse P. Lewis, D.Clk)

This thread: