NOSTALGIA-L Archives

Archiver > NOSTALGIA > 2010-08 > 1281261917

From: Bill Covey <>
Subject: Re: [NOSTALGIA] NOSTALGIA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1 - Wake up call
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 03:05:17 -0700 (PDT)

Rod:

I am a retired army man having retired from Fort Chaffee, Arkansas in April of
1974.  I suffered through basic training at what was then Camp Chaffee, Arkansas
and assure you that they were not kind to me during this eight weeks.  Twenty
years later I retired as a Chief Warrant Officer, Post Supply Officer, at Fort
Chaffee, Arkansas.  They treated me a great deal better then.

My hometown, Watson, Arkansas, sports a population sign of 288 people as I
recall.  The school has long since disappeared having gone through three
consolidations.  I maintain a web site, www.watsonyellowjacket.com and in some
small measure contribute to keeping the town and school alive.  I look back with
a smile on my face and maybe just a little pain in my heart.

You, like me, are up early.

Bill Covey
Watson High School, Class of 1952
www.watsonyellowjacket.com