NOSTALGIA-L Archives

Archiver > NOSTALGIA > 2010-08 > 1281261917

From: Bill Covey <>
Subject: Re: [NOSTALGIA] NOSTALGIA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1 - Wake up call
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 03:05:17 -0700 (PDT)
References: <mailman.681.1281250909.31701.nostalgia@rootsweb.com><6.1.2.0.2.20100808022137.02e72730@pop.earthlink.net>
In-Reply-To: <6.1.2.0.2.20100808022137.02e72730@pop.earthlink.net>

Rod:

I am a retired army man having retired from Fort Chaffee, Arkansas in April of
1974.  I suffered through basic training at what was then Camp Chaffee, Arkansas
and assure you that they were not kind to me during this eight weeks.  Twenty
years later I retired as a Chief Warrant Officer, Post Supply Officer, at Fort
Chaffee, Arkansas.  They treated me a great deal better then.

My hometown, Watson, Arkansas, sports a population sign of 288 people as I
recall.  The school has long since disappeared having gone through three
consolidations.  I maintain a web site, www.watsonyellowjacket.com and in some
small measure contribute to keeping the town and school alive.  I look back with
a smile on my face and maybe just a little pain in my heart.

You, like me, are up early.

Bill Covey
Watson High School, Class of 1952
www.watsonyellowjacket.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Roderick Bush <>
Sent: Sun, August 8, 2010 4:45:09 AM
Subject: Re: [NOSTALGIA] NOSTALGIA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1 - Wake up call

Bill, Sandy & Rebecca,

I, also, forgot I was on this list, but the topic sounds good. The older I
get, the more I seem to remember about the past. And, being retired, one
day is much like another. Maybe a wake up call [roll call] will revive us
and possibly  identify the administrator. According to the NOSTALGIA-L
Archives  http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/index/NOSTALGIA/ there
has never been a lot of activity, but after September 2008 there were only
2 messages until this set. So, I am a retired aerospace worker from
California, born in Mississippi with lots of memories about the 40s and
50s, Summers in the South, WWII, life before TV, the aerospace industry,
the US Navy, and more.

Rod

At 12:01 AM 8/8/2010, you wrote:

>Today's Topics:
>    1. This is my first posting (Bill Covey)
>    2. Wake-up Call (Bill Covey)
>    3. Re: This is my first posting ()
>    4. Re: Wake-up Call (Rebecca)
>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Message: 1
>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 14:35:27 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bill Covey <>
>Subject: [NOSTALGIA] This is my first posting
>To:
>Message-ID: <>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>This is my first posting on this list.? The name of the list sounds
>interesting.? I would like to learn more about it.
>Thanks,
>Bill Covey
>------------------------------
>Message: 2
>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 16:31:02 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Bill Covey <>
>Subject: [NOSTALGIA] Wake-up Call
>To: Nostalgia <>
>Message-ID: <>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
>Is anyone monitoring this list?? I am new and would like to know a little
>about
>it when you get time.? I do mean when you get time and don't mean this to be
>demanding in any way.
>Thanks in advance.
>Bill Covey
>------------------------------
>Message: 3
>Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 22:19:18 EDT
>From:
>Subject: Re: [NOSTALGIA] This is my first posting
>To:
>Message-ID: <>
>Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII"
>I had forgotten about being on this list, no one has posted for a  long
>time. You are right though we used to have some very good  conversations,
>hope
>this starts some up.
>              Sandy
>In a message dated 8/7/2010 5:35:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> writes:
>This is  my first posting on this list.  The name of the list sounds
>interesting.  I would like to learn more about  it.
>------------------------------
>Message: 4
>Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2010 00:47:58 -0400
>From: "Rebecca" <>
>Subject: Re: [NOSTALGIA] Wake-up Call
>To: <>
>Message-ID: <91B3E695E3044607894AE0747BAAE099@b>
>Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1";
>        reply-type=original
>Bill, I've been a member for several years and there is rarely any posts to
>group. Maybe you can help get things going again. That would be nice. I know
>Lois enjoys participating as do many others.
>Rebecca
>"In order to enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be
>semi-human, but stay open to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Bill Covey" <>
>To: "Nostalgia" <>
>Sent: Saturday, August 07, 2010 7:31 PM
>Subject: [NOSTALGIA] Wake-up Call
>Is anyone monitoring this list? I am new and would like to know a little
>about
>it when you get time. I do mean when you get time and don't mean this to be
>demanding in any way.
>Thanks in advance.
>Bill Covey
>-------------------------------
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
> with the word 'unsubscribe' without the
>quotes in the subject and the body of the message
>------------------------------
>To contact the NOSTALGIA list administrator, send an email to
>To post a message to the NOSTALGIA mailing list, send an email to
>__________________________________________________________
>To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
>with the word "unsubscribe" without the quotes in the subject and the body
>of the
>email with no additional text.
>End of NOSTALGIA Digest, Vol 5, Issue 1
>***************************************

To unsubscribe from the list, please send an email to
with the word 'unsubscribe' without the quotes in
the subject and the body of the message