NOSTALGIA-L Archives

Archiver > NOSTALGIA > 2002-02 > 1014351602

From: Carolyn Towe <>
Subject: Re: How many do you remember?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 20:20:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi, with all of the g-kids I have, I stay feeling young, they don't give a chance to even feel 56!! A few yrs. ago, I took my 2 oldest g-kids(then 14 and 9) on a "hunting trip" for dead realtives. Oh, did they ever enjoy it, backroads of Tx and Ok, they had the privilage of enjoying the old coke machines, outhouses, etc. The 14 yr old went back to school and gave a report on some of this stuff, made an A, he still wants to go with me on "memory trips". That's what keeps me young at heart! Carol yn In Tx panhandle
Brenda Holt <> wrote: Hi Carolyn,

Lol. No you aren't old! You are only as old as you feel. I think being
able to look back on all those thing's is fanastic as children today
certainly won't have as many great memories, because modern technology has
actually robbed them of the childhood's that they should've had. Looking
back even I had it better than mine ever will. My Grandparent's who raised
me refused to buy me an Atari Game and now I'm glad they didn't. They saw
the future and in it thing's that would be more convenient but not alway's
beneficial to us as human being's. I never really had to worry about
'keeping up' with every new fad like my children do, because I began seeing
what they saw at an early age. It was important to be in style when I was
growing up, however, the emphasis seem's so much greater these day's to be
'cool'. It was fun just to be a kid, but I'm afraid mine are missing out on
that. Through, our stories 'maybe' the future generation's will one day
realize what they are missing and 'backtrack' to experience real living and
enjoy their lives more.

Brenda