NOSTALGIA-L Archives

Archiver > NOSTALGIA > 2002-02 > 1014302100

From: Carolyn Towe <>
Subject: Re: How many do you remember?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 06:35:00 -0800 (PST)

I remember all, does that me OLD??
Brenda Holt <> wrote: Hi,

I was born to late for most of the thing's mentioned, but I do recall
Candy Cigarettes. Wax coke-shaped Bottles w/ the flavored colored water. I
remember buying soda pop out of what few older type machine's were left. I
still miss those glass bottles as it seemed that the drinks were colder
coming from them. I recall the jukeboxes and metal ice tray's with the
levers. A lady I know still uses her metal icetray's. In fact she has a
refridgerator, but still uses her old spring also as well as her wood
cookstove. She won't let you leave without a meal and/or a nice glass of
milk, lemonade, cola or coffee. Old time hospitality is still around!

The Drive-in in my hometown is still in operation, but will be closing
soon. The one where I reside now has been closed for about 15 yrs.,
although, the big screen is still up. I recall seeing, 'Around The World In
80 Days' as a small child at the one in my hometown and 'Harper Valley PTA'
a few yrs. later. Lol.

I remember my Grandparent's and Aunt's and Uncle's milking at a Dairy
and having put milk into large milk cans, but that had to be what came after
the bottle delivery I suppose. Now, the only time one see's those seem to be
when they put out popcorn tin's in store's during Christmas season. Lol.

Brenda