NORWAY-L Archives

Archiver > NORWAY > 2009-01 > 1231285000

From: "Thomas Anderson" <>
Subject: Re: [NOR] Help request in finding farm in Buskerud
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 16:36:40 -0700

Jean and others helping,

I am convinced that you sent regarding family from page 31 of Emigranter Fra
Nes og Fla i Hallingdal by Sigmund Sevre is the family I am looking for. I
do have a separate note stating that they immigrated from Norway in 1856.
They appear to be the first Blingmoen's to Settle in the Turkey River
Settlement in Iowa - near or in Clayton, County, Iowa.

Jean please copy me page 31 and send it to me. I would like to know if
"their two children and daughters son match up with the below.

My information shows them with a total of 7 Children:
1. Ole (The first) born or Christened 24 Jun 1816 Nes I Hallingdal,
Buskerud, Norway
2. Knud (the first) born 27 Jul 1817 christened 17 Aug 1817 Nes I
Hallingdal,Buskerud, Norway
3. Birgit christened 26 Dec 1818
4. Ole (the second) Born 13 Jul 1821 Christened 22 July 1821 Nes Akershus,
Norway and christened in Ullensaker, Akershus, Norway
5. Knud (the second)born 1826 Nes I Hallingdal Buskerud, Norway
6. Randi christened 18 Oct 1829 Nes I Hallingdal Buskerud, Norway
7. Ole (the third) born about 1833 in Nesbyen, Hallingdal, Buskerud, Norway

Respectfully, and thanks to all who have helped so far

Tom Anderson