NORTHERN-ENGLAND-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHERN-ENGLAND > 2003-01 > 1043621071

From: "Carol Barber" <>
Subject: [NoEngl'nd] Freecensus Project
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:44:31 -0000

Hello

My name is Carol Barber and I am a Co-ordinator for the FreeCensus Project for Yorkshire and Durham, some of you may already know of the project. It involves transcribing the 1891 Census from fiche, therefore access to a fiche reader is necessary, and uploaded to the FreeCensus Website for free for view access. At the moment we have 4 pieces uploaded for Yorkshire and in the very near future more will be added - the URL is http://freecen.rootsweb.com to see the overall project. The software necessary for the project can be downloaded from the website and location is no problem as the fiche will be posted to you by myself.

We are looking for volunteers who would like to help with the transcriptions. If you would like further information about what is involved, please contact me at the above address.

Regards
Carol
FreeCensus Co-ordinator
for Durham and Yorkshire