NORTHERN-ENGLAND-L Archives

Archiver > NORTHERN-ENGLAND > 2003-01 > 1042230166

From: "mlcook" <>
Subject: [NoEngl'nd] post interests:HILTON, DONNELLY
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 20:22:52 -0000

Hi, I'm new to the list. I'm researching the HILTON family (beginning with John Hilton, born November 2 1887) and hopefully working backwards! The two families seemed to have been zipping about the countryside...which of course makes the research more challenging!
John Hilton was the son of William and Sarah.
William (born in 1847) originated from Aspull while his wife, Sarah (surname not yet known) originated from Westhoughton. She was born in 1851. Sometime between 1881 and 1901 they moved to Leigh from Westhoughton. They had it seems eight children - some born in Westhoughton and some in Leigh.
I'm also interested in the DONNELLY family - beginning with Catherine Donnelly, born November 10 1886 in Wigan and working backwards. I think her parents were Thomas Donnelly (1855) and Ann (born 1851) who moved from Wigan to Leigh between 1881 and 1901.
I would love to hear from anyone who is also looking into the HILTON and DONNELLY families.
Best wishes to everyone,
Marie-Louise.

This thread: