NORTH-TX-L Archives

Archiver > NORTH-TX > 2003-02 > 1045936611

From: "Randy Ritchie" <>
Subject: [NORTH-TX-L] Gray surname in North TX, late 19th Century
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 11:56:51 -0600

Trying to find information on my wife's Gray lineage in North Texas late in the 19th Century. Here is what we know:

Her great-grandfather, Buddie Reece (or Reese) Gray, Sr., was born in Texas in about 1870. He married Amy Clara Avants, d/o Andrew Jackson Avants & Rebecca Welch in about 1893, presumably in TX.

Their first child, daughter Lena, was born in TX in about 1898. Because of this, we assume they were married in TX.

The family moved to OK prior to 1901. Reece died in Carter County, OK in 1917 and Clara died in Pottawatomie County, OK in about 1933. Because they moved to southern OK from TX, we believe the family was in north TX. My father-in-law also believes this to be the case.

Reece's father's name is thought to be George, but we have not found evidence to support this claim.

Does anyone have any information on this line or access to resources that may identify Reece's parents and/or other relevent information? Anything would be helpful. Thank you.
---
Randy Ritchie
Shawnee Mission, KS

Researching the Brand, Edwards, Gray, Ray, Ritchie, Royer and Troncoso families