NORCROSS-L Archives

Archiver > NORCROSS > 2004-12 > 1102169284

From: <>
Subject: December Roll Call : Samuel Norcross b. ca 1825 NJ
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:08:47 -0500

I have been searching for about 10 years for the parents of Samuel Norcross who was born around 1825 in NJ (probably). I have heard that his father's name was possibly Joshua. He married Francis GOFF 21 July 1846 in Bedford Co., VA. They had at least 10 children in Bedford. Samuel served in the 2nd Va Cavalry in the Civil War.

After the war he kind of disappears. He may possibly have taken up with another woman, also named Francis but about 15 years younger than his wife, and had a few of children by her (names: Capatola, Walan, and Elizabeth) in Alleghany co., VA. His other family is still present in Bedford Co.,VA.

Would love to hear from anyone related to this family (either/or both). I have lots of information on the descendants of Samuel in Bedford county. His daughter was my gg grandmother.

If anybody has a Samuel b. around 1825 who kind of disappears from NJ around 1840 or 1845, he could be a possibility. ANY leads appreciated!!!

Thanks much
Jaymee Jenkins

This thread: