NOR-BUSKERUD-L Archives

Archiver > NOR-BUSKERUD > 2005-05 > 1116524482

From: "Sherrie Stahl" <>
Subject: Edward LIAN - b 1885 / who where his parents?
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 10:41:22 -0700

I noticed in one of those volumes about Ringerike (available on EBay), that
there was a mention of 4 LIAN brothers....

I found that Edward LIAN lived in Fairdale ND.....and that he wrote a paper
or book called "From Fjord To Prairie".

Does anyone on this list have this book? And does anyone know anything
about Edvard Lian b on a farm in Ringerike on Jan 20, 1885......my LIAN
family lived on the Lian farm in Lier, Buskerud, Norway.......there was an
Edvard LIAN b 8 Dec 1850 in our family (surname Andreassen.....father was
Andreas Syvertsen, born in Ringerike). Our Edvard disappeared......and I am
wondering if the Edward Lian who lived in Fairdale ND who was born in 1885
might have been his son?

I'm hoping that someone might have information on this LIAN family in
Fairdale ND....I've found the census reports, etc......but I'm more
interested in who Edward's parents were back in Norway.....and I was hoping
that this book would talk about his history in Norway also.

You can see my LIAN homepage below, for more details on the family.

Sherrie Stahl

http://www.brunnental.us/family/lian.html

This thread: