NJ-ORPHANS-L Archives

Archiver > NJ-ORPHANS > 2008-12 > 1230439339

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [NJ-ORPHANS] Kinderfreund Orphanage, Jersey City, NJ
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 04:42:19 -0000

Author: jannlascala
Surnames: Rinderer
Classification: obituary

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/topics.orphans.us.nj/96.1.1.1.2.2/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

In the 1900 census in Newark, NJ there is a Bertha Rinderer married to a man, looks like his name is Thala. Bertha was born in Germany in March 1870 and immigrated in 1888. Thala was born in Germany in Oct 1863 and immigrated in 1884. As of the 1900 census Bertha had 6, children but only 4 were living at the time of the census. Children were Joseph, Otto, Edward and Fred. Joseph born Jan 1892 in NJ, Otto born Aug 1893 in NJ, Edward born July 1895 in NY, Fred born March 1897 in NJ. Not sure if there is a connection to your family. My grandfather lived in the orphanage the same time period as your grandmother. My grandfather told me that the boys would leave the home at approx age 14-15 so these boys if they are brothers of your grandmother may not have been sent to the home. Hope this is helpful

Important Note: