NJ-MEMORIES-L Archives

Archiver > NJ-MEMORIES > 2009-11 > 1258996956

From: Jersybel <>
Subject: Re: [NJ-MEMORIES] NJ-MEMORIES Digest, Vol 4, Issue 45
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:22:36 -0500

SO GLAD YOU ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT. WE HAVE VA HERE AND SO FAR OK, BUT HUBBY USED OUR HMO DR. FOR HIS PROBLEMS AND ALL WENT WELL. HAD CRYO OPERATION FOR PROSTATE AND SO WE ARE FOUR YRS OUT AND PSA COUNT BEHAVING.. THANK GOODNESS WE DONT KNOW ABOUT THE GOLDEN YEARS WHEN WE ARE YOUNGER... CHEERS FOR YOUR RECOVERY AND CONGRATS ON NEW JOB THERE. SINCERELY JACKIE, AKA JERSYBEL

ONCE A JERSYBEL, ALWAYS A JERSYBEL

Sent: Mon, Nov 23, 2009 3:00 am
Subject: NJ-MEMORIES Digest, Vol 4, Issue 45

Today's Topics:
1. Second part (Carl & Hawk Suk)
2. Re: Second part (Robin Stinson)

Message: 1
ate: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 21:36:04 -0500
rom: "Carl & Hawk Suk" <>
ubject: [NJ-MEMORIES] Second part
o: <>
essage-ID: <>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
I promised I'd continue catching youall up. The hernia surgery went well so I
hought. I went back to work but after about a month I stated having pain in my
elvic area. It got so bad that Hawk had to take me to the ER at the VA
ospital. My abdomen looked like I was pregnant, the pain was so bad I could
ardly walk. I sat in the ER from 2-8:30.
The ER doctor called in a surgeon who turned out to be an intern. After a CT
can and other tests he told me I just had fluid on my abdomen. Go home and it
ill go down. It didn't. Hawk took me to my primary care Dr at the VA 2 days
ater. We had an appointment but when we got there we were told that he had
ancelled all his appointments. We were not told, a trip for nothing.
Hawk went ballistic. She took me to her Dr. and after examination, I have a
evere infection of the pelvic bone. He referred me to a surgeon. Guess what?
o one would see me because the VA was responsible. I had no alternative but to
o back to the VA. By this time I was so weak I had to walk with a cane. Our
eighbor there in Indiana happened to be one of the clinic nurses. She got me an
ppointment for the surgery clinic. Guess who was the DR who saw me? You
uessed it the same surgery intern that saw me in the ER. This time I went
allistic.
I won't go into any further with those details.
The VA set me up with the infectious disease group from the University of
ouisville, a wonderful Dr. Allen. He found the problem and set me up for 6
eeks of IV antibiotics at home. What happened was that during the hernia
urgery my pelvic bone for some reason was injured causing the infection. Dr.
llen told me after that had he nor caught it when he did, there was a good
hance I wouldn't recover.
There was a lot more to the situation, but you all get the gist of it.
I recovered very well and now have taken a position with Louisville Metro Parks
s Land Manager for the Natural Areas Division.
That's it for now. I'll tell you about my new job in the next installment.
Happy Thanksgiving to all
Carl and Hawk Suk
------------------------------
Message: 2
ate: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 00:54:14 -0500
rom: "Robin Stinson" <>
ubject: Re: [NJ-MEMORIES] Second part
o: <>
essage-ID: <>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
I am so sorry to hear about you having to go through this. All my kidney
ssues started when they messed up my kidney surgery so I understand.
as your Infection MRSA (MERSA). That is what I got in my kidneys.
ending {{HUGS}} your way.
Robin